Guest kgibbard

Guest kgibbard

All

I take my grey to the reservior all the time. We walk/run between 1 1/2 to 3 miles. He stops to poop at least 10 times during his walks. the first two times are usually normal sized, although recently not solid. The rest of the time, very little comes out. Is this normal or is this something I should see the vet about? Thanks in advance.

Guest mainegrey

My dog does the same thing. First thing in the morning it is a perfect tootsie roll. After that it can be any shape and any consistency)) I have a question: how do people with yards dispose of the poop especially in summer? do you just throw it with the trash?

Guest driser

All

I take my grey to the reservior all the time. We walk/run between 1 1/2 to 3 miles. He stops to poop at least 10 times during his walks. the first two times are usually normal sized, although recently not solid. The rest of the time, very little comes out. Is this normal or is this something I should see the vet about? Thanks in advance.

We take our boy to a state park that is made up of nature trails, miles and miles of trails. And ours goes pee immediately to make his "I'm here" rock and then 50 yards later he poops. However, we've learned that once he's out of pee to mark with he will force himself to poop so since he's on a leash we don't let him. We know he doesn't "need" to go and his marking poo is always soft and nearly impossible to pick up.

Same is true of a normal day when we don't go to the trails, if he's pooped just a few hours prior but feels we are asking for him to go again, though we really just want him to take a leak, he'll force a poo that hasn't been in his GI tract long enough to firm up. I read elsewhere on this board a lady called it, "dogs that are over-trained to go to the bathroom." :)

My dog does the same thing. First thing in the morning it is a perfect tootsie roll. After that it can be any shape and any consistency)) I have a question: how do people with yards dispose of the poop especially in summer? do you just throw it with the trash?

We do, but we use truly biodegradable bags (California approved "compostable") so we aren't turning a biodegradable substance into a non-biodegradable by throwing it in the trash in plastic.

Poodle does this to mark after he runs out of pee. It's hilarious to see him struggle to get those runny bits out. You can just see his mind strain.:)

I have a question: how do people with yards dispose of the poop especially in summer? do you just throw it with the trash?

:nod

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest sheila

We take our boy to a state park that is made up of nature trails, miles and miles of trails. And ours goes pee immediately to make his "I'm here" rock and then 50 yards later he poops. However, we've learned that once he's out of pee to mark with he will force himself to poop so since he's on a leash we don't let him. We know he doesn't "need" to go and his marking poo is always soft and nearly impossible to pick up.

In a situation like you describe I would just let my hound squeeze it out and kick some dirt or other natural debris over it and either leave it or pick it up with the debris included. It would never occur to me to not allow my dog to do what comes naturally to them.

Guest abarnet1

My girl does the same thing....We go for walk and we have to pee 5 times and poo 1 time ( normal) and we only have made it 2 houses down the street....then by the 6 house it is poo looks like pee...she does this twice and then we are ready to finally get the walk in.....I just have to laugh, what a girl....Oh Yeah I look real cut with dog in one hand and a poop filled bag in the other...the poo from the first stop. :colgate

Guest BrianRke

I line a bucket with a kitchen trash bag and use one of those grabber claw things to pick up the poop. I have 3 dogs and I usually pick up the poop 3x/week. I then tie the bag and disopse of it in the big trash can in the alley.

Most of the yard is pool and flagstone so I hose off any residue.