Enza Took A Fall And Is Not Being Weight On Back Foot Off And On

Tonight, Enza was freaked out by two little dogs barking and she ended up backing up into a curb. She sort fell backwards and sat back and then didn't move for a few seconds. She was fine for the walk back and jumped around for some Peep pieces. About an hour later, she got up and suddenly refused to put weight on that back foot that took most of the fall. As I freaked out and called the vet, she kind of improved but I took her in anyways. As I had grabbed my purse, she raced down the stairs, jumped in the car, did perfectly fine at the vets and since they were about to close and didn't want to charge me the "after hours" fee, the vet tech watched her walk, felt her leg and said that since she was putting weight on it and jumping, she was likely fine but to call in the morning. I also gave her a dose of rimadyl and cleaned up the scrapes on the back of her leg.

Just now, we got up to go out for the last walk and again, she would not put weight on that back foot for a good few minutes and it took about 10 before she was willing to go down the stairs. I rubbed her down and walked her back and forth. It took awhile to get downstairs but she walked around okay - just slow and gingerly. As she knew I had peeps in my hand, she did try to walk a bit faster. It took us longer to get up the stairs but she settled right down after I gave her another pat down.

We are going back to see a vet in the morning for a normal appointment but am not looking forward to the morning. Is she just sore? Broke a toe? It manifests when she first gets up - like it's a sleep, but once she is up and moving, she seems better.

I should note that she did improve once I took the wrapping off....

Edited by EnzaFerrari

Sigh - never mind. My diva has lived up to her name again. She woke me up at 600 for her walk, ran down and up the stairs with no problem, tried to chase an evil plastic bag, and only flinched once or twice. I do think I will pick up some more pain meds just in case.

It's a good thing they are cute....

Better to have a false alarm than the alternative. But way too scary for you worrying about all the possibilities. I'm happy your Diva is up and about and back to normal! smile.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Well, glad to hear she seems okay...perhaps she was just a little bit sore. She's very good at making you worry though! ;)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--