Annamaet - Anyone Feeding It?

Guest WhiteWave

I looked into it, but it isn't sold anywhere near me and every online place that sells it, shipping runs around $20 for the big bag so it puts the price higher than a food like Orijen.

I would try it, I like the Option w/ the catfish if I could get it locally. Or one of their grain free formulas.

Guest sirsmom

I've read some really good things about it(good ingredients, basic food) but as the above poster said, I can't find it here and won't use shipping. If it ever comes here, we'll try it.

Also has flaxseed and i think it makes one of mine scratch a lot.

Edited by sirsmom

Am planning on contacting the local dealer. Heard of it through mushing folks. It has a very good reputation. If it is in a price range comparable to what I'm paying or, hopefully, less then I'll give it a shot.

I would try it, I like the Option w/ the catfish if I could get it locally.

Had a dog with major GI trouble. A catfish based food was the only thing that worked for him for a very long time. It was like a minor miracle.

I use one of the Annamaet foods as part of my rotation. My dogs love it and when my little Echo goes off her food a bit, it is what I use after she finishes the rice and meat. I've met the owner several times. He is a great guy who is very knowledgeable. I trust him. I would not hesitate to feed my dogs any of his formulas, either with or without grain.

Guest Matty

What city are they located in? When I looked at their website it listed their p.o. box in my town.

I think they really are based in Sellersville. I know their distributor is based in Allentown - I actually got to talk with him a few weeks ago when I was trying to hunt it down when we were getting Nemo. The foster folks had been feeding it to him and I didn't want to stress him out by changing his diet too.

PS: Yay LV and North Philly burbs! :)

I checked out this dog food after seeing this post and I was pretty impressed with the ingredients from reading their webste - so much so that I found someplace near me that sells the food and I got the Sachla food for Adam who is my new boy. We had a little stumble (diarrhea) on the first day that I started mixing this in but, today is better. If it keeps on working for him I may try some of the other ones for my other dogs, one who has kidney & food allergy issues and the other one has seizures & food sensitivity.

I do home-made cooked food which works excellent but, I've been looking for an alternate dog food that I can mix a bit in so if I ever have issues that someone else has to feed them or I lose power or something else comes up I would have a dry dog food that they could all tolerate at least for a few days.

I also contacted the company about where they source their ingredients and they got back to me quickly. It "sounds" like they are very diligent about making sure their ingredient sources are either from USA or Europe and they are careful to stay away from ingredients made in China. They are also very picky about their source for lamb and venison.

Just an update that mixing in some of the Sachla is still working OK for my newest boy Adam but, in additional conversations with the company it looks like they do not do their own processing - they use a processing plant that other dog food companies use and this likely means that there is a potential for cross contamination. I will be asking them about that in my next email to them.