What Is Wrong With Nite's Feet?

Guest GreyKatie

Hey hey Krissy! It happened on September 19...I remember because it's my little brother's birthday. It was not two minutes after I got home from work. They were horsing around in the yard and Nite did an air snap and bam...ear gone. Cal didn't even notice. He just picked up his ball and dropped it at my feet, while blood dripped on the ground beneath us. We rushed him to OSU and I screamed and cried when they told us that it couldn't be reattached. It's Cal! And it's his ear! His ears are who he is! Now he looks like this:

a3ntzt.jpg

I have to say that from this picture, it doesn't look like Cal misses his ear at all! He looks incredibly happy.

Jane

Hey hey Krissy! It happened on September 19...I remember because it's my little brother's birthday. It was not two minutes after I got home from work. They were horsing around in the yard and Nite did an air snap and bam...ear gone. Cal didn't even notice. He just picked up his ball and dropped it at my feet, while blood dripped on the ground beneath us. We rushed him to OSU and I screamed and cried when they told us that it couldn't be reattached. It's Cal! And it's his ear! ...

OT: I'm a dog groomer, and one customer is a one-eared rescued pup--named Van Gogh. :)

Tell Cal that having damaged ears makes him an honorary greyhound. Three of the four greyhounds I've had have had chewed-up ears.

And I'm glad you've resolved your corn problems. My girl has one leg that's gimpy from a racing injury (I think), and she has corns on two other feet. She's running out of "good" limbs.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Hey hey Krissy! It happened on September 19...I remember because it's my little brother's birthday. It was not two minutes after I got home from work. They were horsing around in the yard and Nite did an air snap and bam...ear gone. Cal didn't even notice. He just picked up his ball and dropped it at my feet, while blood dripped on the ground beneath us. We rushed him to OSU and I screamed and cried when they told us that it couldn't be reattached. It's Cal! And it's his ear! His ears are who he is! Now he looks like this:

I apologize if this turns out enormous...I'm terrible at pics here on GT.

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the corn mysteries. Now that we know what it is, we can look for that first (and tell the first two vets to do some research because we were right!!!). Glad to hear Summit's better; I read about his pannus on your blog. One of our fosters (Wantitall Bonnie) had untreated pannus for several years before being returned. She's doing great with her daily drops now.

OMG! Poor Cal! Not that he knows he's a poor thing. He looks pretty pleased with himself. Nite must have heard us making fun of Cal's one floppy ear so he figured he'd crop it so it would stand up straight again! I can't believe Nite took the ear clean off! I would have cried too. I was pretty sad when I diagnosed Summit with pannus, but I didn't quite cry... of course it's treatable. He's had it at least as long as we've owned him. I noticed at the adoption kennel that his eyes were cloudy but I thought it was just normal corneal aging. Nope, pannus. :( The drops cost a fortune. Thankfully he's down to every other day treatment now so it lasts a lot longer.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!