New Grey- Need Food Advice

Guest SPD122

Hello All, New to site- we have a new grey her name is "Tell me a Story" we have had her about 4 months she had a few accidents in the house even after walking - she would come in an go of the carpet. We took he to the vets and they found a UTI which we treated they also found she had a high PH Level. The vet thinks it might be her food. We have her on "Nurture Holistic natural dog" food which we had our other grey on- she was 16 when she past away- never any problems. Our other dog has been on this food and no problems. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks so much.

Guest verthib

Greys are all so different when it comes to food. Www.dogfoodadvisor.com has some recommendations. You can do a search here for the food survey to see what a lot of us use. Some examples are: Costco Kirkland or Natures Domain, Natural Balance, Canidae, Solid Gold, AvoDerm, Nutro, etc. Good luck and congrats on your new baby! smile.gif

Every dog is different--

Is your vet aware that there are normal differences in Greyhound chemistry vs. "regular" dogs?

I personally don't think a Greyhound's diet needs to be any different than any other dog, but just because your old dog did well on one food, doesn't mean this dog will.

If her poops are good, her eyes are bright, her skin is good, I would not worry much about a one-time "high" Ph level. If the UTI symptoms are gone, and she is normal, I probably would not do anything different.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck