Question About Costco Foods

Guest happygrey

Guest happygrey

Does this food "take after" a bigger name brand?

For instance, the Nature's Domain Salmon is clearly modeled after Taste of the Wild's Salmon. (I think I read somewhere that it's even made by the same company, but I don't know if that's true.) So what is the Kirkland Chicken and Rice modeled after? (If anything)

Does anyone know?

We recently switched from Canidae- which is a great food but with 3 dogs it was too expensive. We are feeding the Kirkland Chicken and Rice and they LOVE it !!!!

Guest DoofBert

We are impressed with Kirkland Lamb and Rice.... in process of swithcing from ToTW... I think I read somewhere the same company manufactures both ToTW and Kirkland foods

I believe that the Kirkland brand foods (chicken and rice, lamb and rice, etc) and the Nature's Domain are all made by the same company, Diamond. The Chix/Lamb & Rice are similar to the Diamond Naturals brand (available at Tractor Supply). The Nature's Domain is similar to Diamond's ToTW Pacific Stream.

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

Guest Trentsmom

We recently switched from Canidae- which is a great food but with 3 dogs it was too expensive. We are feeding the Kirkland Chicken and Rice and they LOVE it !!!!

Same here, Canidae and now Costco. MUCH less expensive and good. Have had no digestion issues- and that says a lot for my bunch of sissy bellys.

Guest HyperJ83

We are impressed with Kirkland Lamb and Rice.... in process of swithcing from ToTW... I think I read somewhere the same company manufactures both ToTW and Kirkland foods

My girls love that too!

So how much does costco dog food costs in comparison to e.g. canidae? I wasn't able to find it on costco webpage I only found some treats...

Edited by emma

Guest verthib

So how much does costco dog food costs in comparison to e.g. canidae? I wasn't able to find it on costco webpage I only found some treats...

It's abot $1/pound. VERY economical. That's why we're trying it.