Firm In The Am, Soft In The Pm?

Tracker poops 5-6 times a day, sometimes more (2 times during the morning walk, 3-4 times during the early afternoon walk, and once after his dinner). The morning walk stool is always firm. The afternoon stool goes from soft to totally runny, and the amounts are much smaller than in the am. I've had him for 1.75 years and it's always been that way. I think it's just him, but today I thought I'd post this to see whether other members' dogs also have something like that happening.

Edited by christinepi

Guest mcsheltie

Breeze is like that. I gave up on it a long time ago. She has eaten several kinds of dry and is now on raw and is still the same. At least with raw the out-put is small.

Pretty normal. How firm the poop is substantially dependent on how long it's been in the pipeline, so to speak. The morning poop is always the firmest. If he's going 3-4 times on a walk he last few he's probably just squeezing out to poop-mark with. (That does, however, sound like quite a lot of poop per day to me ... might be related to how much and what you're feeding him.)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Pretty normal. How firm the poop is substantially dependent on how long it's been in the pipeline, so to speak. The morning poop is always the firmest. If he's going 3-4 times on a walk he last few he's probably just squeezing out to poop-mark with. (That does, however, sound like quite a lot of poop per day to me ... might be related to how much and what you're feeding him.)

Well, the last 2 or 3 on the second walk don't amount to more than 1 or 2 tbsp, I'd say, and they're very watery especially when he's on a walk in an area that he gets excited about (ususally somewhere he doesn't get to more than once or twice a week, and one with way more pee-mails than normal).

Edited by christinepi

Yep, that's poop-marking. Nothing to worry about. Beth does that too when we're walking in the woods, which she finds stimulating (in more ways than one!).

willie wonka did that, he literaly did paw stands on his front legs and marked as high as he could, 2-3ft up ontelephone poles, fire hydrants and trees...a big dog in a small dog body(he was a welsh terrier). :lol

Edited by cleptogrey