Sudden Fear

Guest greysmitten

Has she slipped or fallen on it? Sometimes just losing their footing can make them afraid.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greysmitten

We did just get a different dining table that is larger than the last, so it covers most of the area rug in the dining room. Maybe it's not enough for her anymore?

Sounds you nailed it yourself!

And for what it's worth, no, I don't think the weather outside would cause a dog to be afraid of the floor inside!

Maybe you can put down a runner rug for her?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I think it's the new table, too. Being both new (different) and taking up all her rug. Or, when you were out, she did indeed slip. Possibly even beside the table. It doesn't take much to make those slippery or shiny floors very, very scary.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest greysmitten

Make sure to trim her nails back, too. Even a couple of fast growing nails can make it harder for a dog to get a solid grip with their pads.

Bingo! Although I think a lot of factors contributed to her sudden fear (it was wet outdoors, we got a new table, she probably wiped out) ... but, I got her nails trimmed and it all immediately disappeared.

:blush What a "duh" moment. I swear that having a dog is like being a parent and after a few years, you forget everything. Thanks, y'all!