Neosporin For Minor Scratches?

Guest driser

Our guy scratch his hind leg on something getting into back aft of our SUV with 2nd row seat folded forward. All that detail to say, though we don't exactly what he scratched it on, it occurred inside the vehicle and therefore likely a piece of sharp plastic and not a rusty bumper. It's not at all deep, but long (running up back "ankle"). We have Antiseptic spray from Petco, but should we also use Neosporin or Bactracin on it?

Guest GryffinSong

I would think if you've used an antiseptic spray you're ok, but I'm not a doctor. I've always just put a little Neosporin on, and/or washed the area with soap and water. I can't imagine that it would hurt anything though.

Neo works great but just watch it cause they LOVE to lick it.

I've learned that! And I learned he can still get to it with his muzzle on. Stinker. It's looking better after just one day so I'm just using the antiseptic spray since that soaks in faster than ointment.

Thanks to each of you for your input!!

Guest maidmarcia

I use Polysporin on Licorice's little scratches and bites he gets and it works amazingly. I think it's the same thing, just a different brand name. Again, he also tries to lick it up so we put it on and then cover it with gauze over night. Seems to work well.