Vet In South Carolina

Guest hattiepumpkin

Guest hattiepumpkin

Hi,

My mother, who has a greyhound, is going to be living in South Carolina for 4 months this winter. I don't see any vets listed for where she is going to be living--Mount Pleasant, which is right outside of Charleston. Can anyone recommend a good, grey-savvy vet in that area, and also a place to board greys in the event she needs to board Duncan? Her computer is not working, so I (a fellow grey owner, too!) am on here posting for her.

Thanks!

Guest KennelMom

I don't know if there are too many low country folks on GT. I'm in the upstate and not really familiar with any vets in the Charleston area. Just about any vet that treats dogs should be fine to see a greyhound. Member jjing is a vet, though I think she's in the Columbia area-ish, but she may know some vets down your way...I'm sure she'll pop in if she sees this thread.

I lived in the Charleston area for years but that was over 12 years ago now so I am not a great resource for current information. I do know that the emergency clinic there that is paired with a specialty practice is very good, as is the associated specialty practice.

The vets I used were very good but their office is in Summerville and that may be more of a trek than your Mom wants to take from Mt. Pleasant. They have one of the nicest boarding facilities I have ever used.

Westbury Clinic

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Member jjing is a vet, though I think she's in the Columbia area-ish, but she may know some vets down your way...I'm sure she'll pop in if she sees this thread.

Yup, Jennifer is a vet and also a volunteer with WRAP, so if she doesn't check in here soon, you can go to the WRAP website, click on Rescuers, then click on South Carolina, and you'll see her information listed there (since you don't have enough posts to PM her yet). I'm in California, so I'm no help otherwise. tongue.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Unfortunately, I don't personally know any greyhound-experienced vets in Charleston. A friend through our group who has my girl Willow's mom is in Charleston, though, and I've PM'd her to see if she can share who she uses. Contacting GPA to see which vet they use is also a good idea.

I do have a vet school classmate who is in Mount Pleasant. Don't know how much greyhound experience she has, but she's a very good vet. Dr. Marian Shuler Holladay works at Shuler Veterinary Clinic.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

We lived in the low country for a number of years. There is a town about an hour west of Mount Pleasant called Hampton. The Vet in that town looked after our grey and another couples' grey and he was awesome. They also boarded. Hampton Animal hospital. Dr. Cease. 1147 Elm St W Hampton, SC. Phone: 803-943-4887

This was about 6 years ago. It is possible that Dr. Cease has retired. This is not an ideal location for your mom, but may help in an emergency.