Huck Diagnosed With Acute Ibs

I took Huck to vet this morning because of the panting, pacing and wanting to stay in his crate. She started him on meds, changed his food to Science Diet ZD and wants me to give him Kaopectate 2 times a day. He spent the day at the vets. Now he is staying in his crate in the other end of the house. I had to leave him and was not there when she saw him. She said when she pressed on his stomach he screamed. I have 3 refills on the meds so think I will go ahead and get some to have on hand.

Has he had diarrhea or blood in his stool? Were any labs done?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He started having diarrhea yesterday. This is about the third time he has had bad stomach problems since I got him about 1 year ago. She did not do any labs this time..about 2 months ago she sent his blood to Texas A & M. They said they thought he had IBS...I said not to the surgery, that we would just treat him like it was confirmed IBS. He also is on B12 shots for the rest of his life because Texas A & M said he was not absorbing his food. I think I triggered the problem the other night because I gave him a little bit of a sardine in his dinner. He was on only Science Diet I/D, but she has changed that. I am going to have to go back to work to afford the vet bill.