No Broken Toe...

She has ARTHRITIS! They did an x-ray and you can see that there really isn't much 'black space' left between her bones on that toe and it's in the process of fusing...so they are recommending glucosamine/chondroitin...and I have a script for Previcox which is to be given only when I notice she has an inflammation, but as of right now, time to start her on some meds...

Meanwhile my little nut is happy to not be at the vets office...and Pop was trying to get between Zelda and the vet, because, you know...it's all about HIM :lol :lol :lol

Also...has anyone tried cherry juice/pills on arthritic dogs? I know people have used it...the vet doesn't know of any research showing it would be either beneficial or harmful to the pups.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Always thought black cherry extract was for gout???

Most likely you'll have a lot of recommendations of joint supplements-- I use Dasuquin w/MSM. My guys trip over eachother to get their "special treat"- I have had very good results with it.

no, this is cherry juice from I believe tart cherries...my dad has used it for his arthritis with success, so I'm wondering if it'd work on dogs? I'm from basically the cherry capital of the world...there's even a business up there that puts cherries (not sure how much) into meat...I believe the hamburger w/cherries has even made it to the White House a few years back :)

I don't currently live in the cherry capital, but I'm from Leelanau County which is basically the little pinky of MI...lots and lots of cherries come from there, Grand Traverse County and other surrounding counties...that's why we have the National Cherry Festival in TC.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel