Does Anyone Use Plavix?

I has posted here a while back about Ducky's vet starting him on Plavix to go along with prednisone treatment for his IBD & PLE, to counter act any possible side effects affecting the heart. We lost Ducky a week later and I have an almost full bottle of Plavix to sell or donate to someone who needs it. This is a very expensive medication (the pharmacist couldn't believe I was purchasing it for my dog), and although I'd like to get some money back, I'd also be happy knowing it went to a dog or human in need, please PM me if you are interested or need more details.

Thanks!

Edited by JenniferS

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Sorry you lost your boy. Guess the pharmacist doesn't know the passion we have for our greys. At a point I was giving my girl cellcept--$6/capsule-- twice daily. I got the same look from my pharmacist.

You might want to donate any remaining medications you have to Dr Couto at Ohio State. If he can't use the medication in the greyhound program he'll take it and donate it to The Scooby project. That's what I did and the meds were very appreciated.

Thank you, I would be happy to know another hound or human who cannot afford it could benefit from it. I will probably end up donating it, but even that is hard to find how to do on line.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

You might want to read the aortic mass thread-- her boy just started taking plavix. Perhaps you could pm her. Also, if you choose to donate to Dr Couto just send it to the main veterinary hospital address--attention Dr Couto. Enclose a note inside.

Again, I'm sorry your pup passed. I lost my girl too- it's tough but, donating the medication was very comforting knowing you may help another soul in need.