Not Such A Good Monday...

Guest Tabby

Guest Tabby

yesterday not only did I slice my finger open with the food processor blade(I was taking it out of the dishwasher :rolleyes: ) but Tabby started limping when we went outside. She only did it outside so I thought that is weird....Last night while laying on her green rug I noticed a spot of blood on her pad. she absolutly would not let me touch it. This morning we went to the vet and of course she let him touch and look at everything with out one peep! :rolleyes: She some how tore the pads off in two places. One on each back foot. How in the %^*&$$% do you manage that???? it rained all day yesterday so we didnt go out side for walks or play. Just potty and back. so, now we have antibiotic and rimadyl for the pain. now, she is resting on her green rug and let me say hotdogs are the best invention when it comes to giving meds! :colgate

Laura

Guest Swifthounds

That really is a bad Monday. Healing thoughts for both of you.

Who knows then the pad injury occurred. The wet ground probably stung and that made it noticeable. Some of the worst injuries my dogs have had were things they didn't seem to notice at all. Step on a toe, though, and oh the screaming...

Guest Tabby

that makes total sense.....she will yelp over the silliest of things and then this she was fine until we went outside. :rolleyes: She definitly is a princess!

I just thought to myself this morning that I have offically joined the "cult" b/c I just slapped some tape on my sliced finger but rush her to the vet for limping. :lol

Greyhounds are just "special". I left Summer for 10 minutes at the most, to make a quick run to Tim Horton's for a tea. She was asleep on the bed. I came back and she jumped off the bed and came downstairs and joined me. I gave her a tendon to chew on and she took it over to her bed and lay down. I realized soon after that she wasn't chewing the tendon but, instead, was licking her foreleg. There was a little, bleeding puncture wound on it. Like you, I'm thinking how the heck do they manage these things? I know for sure the wound wasn't there when I left -- my bedding is all ivory and there wasn't a mark on it. My bed itself is a sleigh bed so everything is curving outwards. I even ran my hands all over the woodwork and there's not a flaw to be found. Yup, they're "special".

Hope your baby heals up fast!

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Oh poor Tabby!!

Try putting a toddler sock on her foot.

It will keep it clean and dry when she goes outside, and may offer some extra cushioning.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest d0ggiem0mma

Poor kiddo!! I hope the healing goes quickly.

When you get a chance, scour your yard. We had the same thing happen a couple years ago. We had gotten a good rain and it loosened the dirt up... a piece of glass that was buried had floated to the surface. It almost completely sliced my Toby's main paw pad off. We had to go to the e-vet for lots of stitches.