Thyroid Tumor?

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Guest Greyhoundbaby

HI all - haven't posted for awhile but a friend has a question for everyone; please respond to her directly.

My Sly, 6.5 year old neutered male, used to be a freighttrain in terms of weight, starting losing weight about 2 years ago, tons of bloodwork,

diagnosed with food absortion problem, on ProZyme twice a day, many fecals done and precaution meds given, hungry 24/7, eats stool, can't keep on

weight, down from 72 to yesterdays 50 pounds, always been very laid-back,has fur softer than a bunny, had tons of bloodwork done yesterday after a

full day at the vets, had a thyroid test come back today at 12. Normal is 0.5 to 3.6 if my memory serves me correct. My grey-savvy vet has never seen

this in all of his years of being a vet. We have both been researching like mad, but this is not showing up. His thyroid glands are both inflammed -

hard and lumpy - which is why I brought him in. He is going to try to get in touch with Dr. Stack and Dr. Cuito this weekend to get some insight but I

thought maybe somebody here might give me some insight to share with him.

I got a second opinion from another vet today - he said a thyroid tumor would be his guess, but without a biopsy he couldn't say for sure. He

agreed that he has never heard of this in a dog - this is a cat thing both vets have said.

I am unable to post so please reply to me directly at Email me paulabrown4480@gmail.com. Thanks - I am feeling pretty helpless here.

Edited by Greyhoundbaby