Joint Health

The boswelia was supposed to provide additional help for the joints. The problem was that their first try with this added to their Joint Health formula caused the pills to be impossible to snap into smaller pieces. I even tried using a chisel to bust these up and crushing them, with no luck. My dogs would not eat them whole and they are about the size of a nickel.

Springtime listened to their customers' complaints and re-did the formula with boswellia. We are using it here after receiving free replacement bottles from them. They are now easier to snap and chew.

What's new is that they are selling the original Joint Health pills, without the boswellia, once again.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest BlueCrab

Thanks! I just now saw the other thread about this, too. We just purchased the buy 2 get 2 special with JH and FF. So far don't think anyone's turning up their nose, but I'm curious which they sent us - with or without. I'll have to look tonight.

Thanks! I just now saw the other thread about this, too. We just purchased the buy 2 get 2 special with JH and FF. So far don't think anyone's turning up their nose, but I'm curious which they sent us - with or without. I'll have to look tonight.

If you can't snap them in half, you have the first formulation for the JH with boswellia added. If there's no boswellia on the ingredients label, then they've sent you their original JH that we all like.

If your dogs don't care for the boswellia-added formulas (either one), call the company. When I did and they sent the replacement bottles, they said I didn't even have to return the first shipment.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manawatugal

There is a product made here and I think exported called 'mybeau' www.palamountains.co.nz a liquid/paste supplement for dogs and cats and a specific joint one for dogs. Apparently it is 99.5% absorbable and was formulated by the Food Tech Dept of Massey University here in Palmerston North (our one Vet teaching university). It isn't very expensive and here 300ml costs around NZ$13. Apparently tablets are only partly absorbed.

Guest Swifthounds

Any advice on one versus the other? Boswelia versus not?

Boswellia is a very good addition to other joint supplements. Not sure why the addition to this product wet so poorly, though the usual taste is bitter and they may not have had enough flavoring in it to disguise the taste.

They may redo the product I'd they can fix the issue. Boswellia is worth adding to a diet, but isn't so effective in a tablet form. If you'd like to add it to see if it helps, you can get it at many health places as an absorbable powder in capsules.