Warts On The Feet

We will be picking up our new greyhound over the 4th of July weekend. The adoption group told me she has warts on her feet and the warts have been surgically removed and she is bandaged on her feet. The warts have been so painful for her. I have see the discussion on corns but anyone else have a gh with warts and if so how are you treating? Thanks.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Are you sure they are warts? I just hope, for your sake and your dog's, that they are not corns.... :unsure

No I am not sure because physically I have not seen the greyhound yet. She is is southern CA and I am in Nevada. I will get a copy of the vet's report.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest MnMDogs

Are you sure they are warts? I just hope, for your sake and your dog's, that they are not corns.... :unsure

That's what I was thinking as well. My vet gave me a research article from a vet journal which looked at corns/warts across several breeds (not a large sample size however), and as a group the greyhound growths were not viral and reoccurred after surgical removal, whereas the other breeds' were viral in nature and did not recurr after surgery.

If they're corns, you may be dealing with them for the long haul.