Eating Habits Concerning Me Lately

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

We haven't changed her food or her schedule, but for the past week or so she hasn't been eating much or not at all. Sometimes it seems to help if she defecates beforehand, but not always. She doesn't seem to be in any distress and her energy level hasn't changed. We are going to the vet today just to be sure. Her stool seems normal. Last night it was much softer than normal, but not enough to be considered runny. There hasn't been any blood in her stool, but I'm taking a sample with me to the vet just in case they want one after seeing her.

Guest Celestrina

Yesterday she only ate 1/3 of her normal intake. She's on the skinny side and I'm concerned that she won't be getting the nutrients she needs and lose more weight.

How long have you had her?

What's the weather been like?

Passion is off her normal food intake as well. She's been doing this around this time the last few years so I'm not too overly concerned. She won't miss a treat though. Maybe you can give her a few extra treats to make up for the lack of eating?

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest ShanYu

Of course do rule out medical issues. Nike has not been as enthusiastic about his food lately - except for treats - and I have assumed it is the weather as well.

Guest Celestrina

How long have you had her?

What's the weather been like?

Next month it will be one year we've owned her. I can't compare this year to last year; she was on a restricted diet due to diarrhea when she was first adopted. The weather has been very irregular. She has usually been eating treats.

Edited by Celestrina