Stomach Issues

Ok, so I gave both pups a rawhide around 6 pm (I know some people don't feed them, don't want to hear about that) and I caught him licking the dog bed when he was done, so I told him 'no' and he quit...anyway, I went to feed pups at 7 (gave him his nightly pill) and Pop wouldn't eat his dinner...by 8:30 he had vomited and some rawhide chunks were in the vomit...he then vomited about 10 pm, smaller amount and no rawhide chunks in it. He is still looking a little peekish, but so far it's been almost an hour since his last spell and nothing.

Should I just watch him? Any ideas? I don't want to force him to vomit more as you can tell he's not feeling the greatest, but I'm not sure if he ate something wrong or what.

The weird part was, he acted like he wanted his dinner...was pushy about it...until he got right in by the food and then turned his nose up and started panting (after I gave his pill)...I just opened a new bag of food at lunch today too...so I'm not sure what to make of it. I didn't see any dog food in his vomit either time, but he hasn't had dog food since 12:20.

Thanks!

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest KennelMom

I would keep a close eye on him. I wouldn't make him vomit, but make sure he's pooping ok for the next couple days. Offer him food tomorrow.

I would keep a close eye on him. I wouldn't make him vomit, but make sure he's pooping ok for the next couple days. Offer him food tomorrow.

Ok that's what I was thinking...and he is my poop machine, he NEVER has any problems pooping! I call him the poopman :) Just the fact that it could be 3 or 4 different variables is what's getting me. I'm sleeping on the couch right now by the front door in case I hear him and he needs to go out.

Thanks!

Watch carefully that he doesn't vomit water back up on its own, as well as any food. They have a tight tuck and the stomach is well up into the ribs area so it is not easy to see if there is gas trapped; but they will often stand and walk very differently, and be unable to settle, if there is a blockage needing immediate E-vet attention.

It normally takes 8 hours end to end, so hopefully with everything working OK you'll not need to worry until the next time.

With mine it's disembowlelling stuffies and you can be sure if any has been eaten.

Also see if he's stretching more then usual.

In addition to stretching, not getting comfortable (lies for a minute and then gets up),if the stomach seems tucked up and/or sometimes yawning/stretching out the throat could all indicate bloat and that would require an e-vet visit.

He was uncomfortable last night while he tummy was rolling, but he slept through the night. He was still a little unsure this morning, but I gave him half his normal food and he ate it...he was walking with more pep this morning.

By lunch time...it was 'out of the way mom, there's food in my dish!'...he didn't even want a hug, typical boy. He's been pooping and they've been good poos, so it looks like he'll be ok. He's running around wagging his tail like he never even vomited last night! I found out that when I heard 2 coughs/hacks last night he had actually vomited twice in the bedroom, but I didn't find the second pile til this morning... :repuke Good thing I'm getting good at cleaning up messes and not having it bother me.

Thanks everyone...I've never had him vomit more than once (he can get car sick)