Cerenia Users

We will be giving Maggie Cerenia for the first time this weekend. We have an 11-hour trip and Maggie gets carsick. She will have dinner the night before but no breakfast. Would you give any food or offer just water at rest stops? Also, does it make your dog groggy at all? She loves going in the car but generally doesn't lay down much. We're hoping she will sleep at least part of the way.

Dog bed covered with waterproof crib pad and then a comforter, extra comforters and towels, large garbage bags (just in case), collars, tags, several gallon jugs of water from home - anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks for any info.

Guest zombrie

Doolin took Cerenia when we went to Gettysburg (almost 8 hour drive) and he did excellent on it, he didn't get sick at all, and this is a dog who will get sick on a 20 minute drive. It didn't make him sleepy at all (which is fine, he travels well other than getting carsick). We fed him dinner and half of his breakfast.

Guest azlorenz

We will be giving Maggie Cerenia for the first time this weekend. We have an 11-hour trip and Maggie gets carsick. She will have dinner the night before but no breakfast. Would you give any food or offer just water at rest stops? Also, does it make your dog groggy at all? She loves going in the car but generally doesn't lay down much. We're hoping she will sleep at least part of the way.

Dog bed covered with waterproof crib pad and then a comforter, extra comforters and towels, large garbage bags (just in case), collars, tags, several gallon jugs of water from home - anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks for any info.

We've never used Cerenia but wanted to wish you safe travels. Enjoy cool Park City! And don't forget your friends down here roasting.

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I have 3 dogs that get EXTREMELY carsick. We have been using Cerenia for going on 3 years now though we've only taken short trips. I've gotten the best results by giving the pill several hours before or even at bedtime the night before we leave.

The pill tastes HORRIBLE so if your dog chews treats, you will have to put it down their throat. I usually coat it in just enough "pill pocket" to keep the taste off their tongue.

As long as mine have been medicated well before leaving, I give them a slightly smaller than normal breakfast. They get treats and stuff just like a normal dog. The Cerenia works sooooooo well! I've never seen it make any dog groggy at all though.

Good luck on your trip!!