Hello From Ohio!

Guest KatJon

Guest KatJon

Hi everyone... Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I'm Katie, and my boyfriend Jon and I live in Dayton, OH. No greyhound yet, but we have been considering getting one (or eventually 2) for a while now. We're hoping to adopt one within the next 2-3 months. Any tips or suggestions for new owners would be appreciated! We have been trolling the forums, but could always use more advice!

Be patient and enjoy watching your dog relax and settle in. Welcome!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Guest meggera

Welcome to you both! I am still very new at this since our girl hasn't yet been with us three weeks. My biggest advice is reading Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood. It is an amazing read that is packed full of great information. My next recommendation is to ask question on the forums. The people here are very helpful and kind.

Best luck and wishes! (also, pictures are required once you bring your dog home!)

Megan

Welcome to the wonderful world of Greyhounds! :colgate

I agree re: a good book to read prior to adoption: Retired Racing Greyhounds For Dummies, by Lee Livingood. You might try Amazon, there are other greyt books available also.

Good luck and have fun with your future new hound/s!

Edited by 3greytjoys

Guest KatJon

I just ordered the dummies book and two others on Amazon yesterday for really cheap! It will be good to have all the information in one place. This forum and other websites have been really helpful so far! We're really excited to get started... I hear greyhounds are addictive!

Welcome from 20 miles northwest of C-Bus!!

I stumbled through my first hound with absolutely no knowledge.....plenty of generic dog knowledge, but none whatsoever of

greyhounds. We made it anyway. Had 2nd hound for 6 months before I stumbled on this forum. Has made my life much easier.

Things I used to worry about, now I know I don't have to. Never did buy a book...figured any question I have now, someone

here has been there, done that, about a zillion times; and they're always happy to share knowledge & experience.

Hope you find your perfect housemate(s)!!!!

Kathy

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.