Simple Guard Vs Frontline

Hi all,

Those of you who use a flea tick topical on your hound, have any of you tried Simple Guard? It is new and the vet just had a " teach-in lunch" on it. The vet we saw was gung ho on the new stuff, and said it repels as well as kills, which the Front Line does not. I asked if it was safe for greys and he said the reps didn't give any warnings. I am wary, as it was the rep's job to sell the product, not give warnings for each breed's tolerance.

Something that repels would obviously be better than one that kills them after they have been feasting a few days, (eeew) but

I am also not one to pay more or take risks just for the new and shiny.

Thanks!

I'd be a bit wary as it's permethrin-based.

It looks like it's just a renaming of Vectra 3d: http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_search/ppls/083399-00006-20101216.pdf

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.