Question About A Supplement For Dental Health

I found this brochure in my last order of bullysticks; the product is called ProDen Plaqueoff. You're supposed to sprinkle it on the food (it's made of seaweed). Supposedly it is effective against bad breath, tartar and plaque. Tracker is 4, I brush his teeth religiously every day, and the vet gushes every time she sees him how great his teeth look. No bad breath at all. However, if this product may still help slow down potential bad developments. Does anybody know this stuff and has used it successfully?

I recently started using it on my new guy Riley. He has great teeth and I want to help keep them that way. I do brush his teeth (I shoot for daily brushing, but sometimes forget) and he gets a chewie daily. I am not sure how much is the Plaqueoff and how much is brushing/chewies, but I don't see any tartar on his teeth. The stuff is very expensive, but the scoops you use are teeny-tiny and it lasts for a while.

The real test would be if I were to use it on my old girl with godawful teeth, but she is on meds for hypothyroidism and I can't give it to her.

Other GTers swear by this stuff. I will continue to use it and observe. :)

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I've been giving Wendy Plaque-Off for three years, now. She had pretty good teeth when she came to me, but had some plaque on her molars and canines. After using the Plaque-Off for awhile, I noticed that the plaque simply flaked off her teeth when I brushed them (once a week) and I could literally chip the stuff off with my thumbnail. Wendy's teeth are sparkling white and healthy with the combination of Plaque-Off daily, once a week brushing and frequent chews like raw turkey necks and lamb shanks.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Never used it, in fact never heard of it till now. Looked on Amazon, and they have it for $18.73! Don't know if that's a good price or not, just thought I'd pass it along as they say list price is more than twice that.

Edited by LakeshoreGreys

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018