We Are Moving On The 15Th To Ft. Myers

The dogs are already getting nervous and having the diarrhea, I have tried to sooth them and make them feel more comfortable but as they see the boxes getting packed this has seemed to upset them. Other times we have moved with the dogs they seemed fine, why would this move be different? Also we are going to be on the water, so we will have a small back yard but then there is water and they hate the ocean (water). What should I do to make them feel more comfortable? To try to get them to enjoy the ocean more, the waves have always scared them? Also dumb Question but in laws have told us there is going to be more alligators do you know if we put up the fence before the (canal and then the ocean)water will that keep the alligators OUT? We have live in Florida for 2 years but never this close to the water. Any Suggestions to keep them calm and any suggestions about the alligators? I know probably dumb questions but I want to be prepared.Do you know if the alligators can climb a fence? :blush Thanks so Much!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest CampWhippet

The dogs are already getting nervous and having the diarrhea, I have tried to sooth them and make them feel more comfortable but as they see the boxes getting packed this has seemed to upset them. Other times we have moved with the dogs they seemed fine, why would this move be different? Also we are going to be on the water, so we will have a small back yard but then there is water and they hate the ocean (water). What should I do to make them feel more comfortable? To try to get them to enjoy the ocean more, the waves have always scared them? Also dumb Question but in laws have told us there is going to be more alligators do you know if we put up the fence before the (canal and then the ocean)water will that keep the alligators OUT? We have live in Florida for 2 years but never this close to the water. Any Suggestions to keep them calm and any suggestions about the alligators? I know probably dumb questions but I want to be prepared.Do you know if the alligators can climb a fence? :blush Thanks so Much!

Mine hated the ocean at first, the waves tripped them out. i got them to LOVE the ocean by taking them to the lake in montana and when we got home to FL they saw the ocen on a nice calm day and after that Icouldn't keep them out of it.

Picture262.jpg

Picture263.jpg

As for aligators...... We have one in our backyard and so had to fence it off. We have a doggie door and at night that gator is sneaky. But the fence works to keep them safe.

Enjoy Ft Myers, I love that town.

Thanks so Very Much! I hope mine will also learn to love the ocean too..... We are going to have to put up a fence first thing...... NO GATORS!!!!! I love the pics.... :wub: :wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Try and keep the boxes limited to one room or area of the house. When you're finished packing for the day, put the boxes away in the "box place." Also, if they're with you when your packing, make it fun time - play with stuffies, give them treats - make the boxes good things when they have to see them.

Pack the dog things last an dunpack them first. Make sure you have a secure place for them while you're moving out and moving in. No walkabouts!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Try and keep the boxes limited to one room or area of the house. When you're finished packing for the day, put the boxes away in the "box place." Also, if they're with you when your packing, make it fun time - play with stuffies, give them treats - make the boxes good things when they have to see them.

Pack the dog things last an dunpack them first. Make sure you have a secure place for them while you're moving out and moving in. No walkabouts!

Great Advise Thank You! After reading your comment I am going to get DH to move all the boxes to the spare room. They are all over the house right now.... Also they have started going in the house like peeing on the boxes so I am hoping that will prevent that too....

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Guest PhillyPups

Try putting treats and stuffies in a box before you bring the box into a room, as you pack, give them a treat, or take the stuffie out - that way they will see the boxes as good things.

We're getting ready to move, too. I have kept the boxes to the dining room, the basement workshop, and the sewing room. Except for the sewing room, the dogs do not have access to these areas. Our "relaxing" areas, while bare of stuff on the walls and 'knick-knacks', are "normal".

Plus, I started packing a couple of months ago, so they've got used to it. :)

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.