More About Gracie

Guest leemc

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support in my post "please pray for Gracie"

Please, Please , Please take a page out of my book. GET insurance for your pets. I have an 8 year old black lab mix that I have insurance on but we just got Gracie in October and with Christmas and all, I didnt get insurance on her yet. Well, I now have a bill from the vet in excess of eleven thousand dollars. We knew it was gonna be a lot because they told us the high end estimate of her surgery was $5800. But when all is said and done I have a $2400 ER room visit with xrays and tests and the surgery bil is $8700. My husband is trying to talk to them to see if they will decrease it but I'm not too confident. Please get insurance........... They really kick you when you are down...what was I supposed to do :(

I now have a huge bill and my Gracie is gone:(

LeeAnn, I'm so sorry you've lost Gracie and then have this bill on top of the grief. I learned my lesson 10 years ago. I spent $15,000 in a 6 month period. I've had insurance since.

So I agree with you. It's there when there's a catastrophic event.

Once again, I'm so sorry at your loss. (I have 4 at the Bridge now, 2 went less than a year ago)

LeeAnn, I'm so sorry you've lost Gracie and then have this bill on top of the grief. I learned my lesson 10 years ago. I spent $15,000 in a 6 month period. I've had insurance since.

So I agree with you. It's there when there's a catastrophic event.

Once again, I'm so sorry at your loss. (I have 4 at the Bridge now, 2 went less than a year ago)

Thank you, and I am so sorry for your loss as well.

I didn't realize that you truly had such a short time for your girl.

Yes, I too learned the hard way about insurance. Thankfully, when my first girl Scarlett needed help a friend let me charge on her AmEx and pay the bill monthly, my stepfather picked up another portion and let me pay him back, and a friend whose apartment I decorated and wouldn't accept payment from went to the vet's office to visit her and paid off a big chunk of the bill while he was there. When Morgaine came to me, I signed up for the insurance before even picking her up to come home. I signed Aquitaine up for insurance the first business day after she came to me. With her accidents and attack last year that insurance really was invaluable.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss of Gracie. She truly found a wonderful home with you.