Blood All Over The House...

I live on a dirt road fhat is under 3 feet of snow. I hope to get plowed out tomorrow. Suds ripped a hunk of skin off his leg on Sunday but had cleaned it up himself by the time I saw it . I have been cleaning it and keeping an eye on it since he licks it every time he comes in from the snow. This morning it was looking pretty good... Drying up and closing.

I was just getting a dry change of clothes to go back outside and feed the big critters. Suds jumped up on the bed next to me with blood running down his leg. When I reached for him he took off into the- living room. I found a trail of blood ( and some big globs) through the living room and dining room. It looks like he just ripped more skin off the original injury and opened everything up again. Lots of blood always looks like even more on a white dog! He is all wrapped up now ... antibiotic gel/ Telfa/pad/ gauze/ vet wrap/ baby sock and more vet wrap.

Hope he keeps it on. I may still end up at the vet if it gets worse and he may need antibiotics. No way we could get there with all this snow so I told Suds to leave it alone till we get plowed out. Hope he listens!

Idol ripped her foot last week when the weather was so cold. We think she just caught it on something in the yard. Also, lots of blood spots, but, we bandaged her, socked her and put a boot on when she went outside. It healed up very nicely. Now, with the snow, even with vet wrap, it opened again.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Suds - dude - leave your booboo alone!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I live on a dirt road fhat is under 3 feet of snow. I hope to get plowed out tomorrow. Suds ripped a hunk of skin off his leg on Sunday but had cleaned it up himself by the time I saw it . I have been cleaning it and keeping an eye on it since he licks it every time he comes in from the snow. This morning it was looking pretty good... Drying up and closing.

I was just getting a dry change of clothes to go back outside and feed the big critters. Suds jumped up on the bed next to me with blood running down his leg. When I reached for him he took off into the- living room. I found a trail of blood ( and some big globs) through the living room and dining room. It looks like he just ripped more skin off the original injury and opened everything up again. Lots of blood always looks like even more on a white dog! He is all wrapped up now ... antibiotic gel/ Telfa/pad/ gauze/ vet wrap/ baby sock and more vet wrap.

Hope he keeps it on. I may still end up at the vet if it gets worse and he may need antibiotics. No way we could get there with all this snow so I told Suds to leave it alone till we get plowed out. Hope he listens!

Be a good boy, Suds... Just a thought: Maybe a muzzle would help if he won't leave his bandage alone.

I'm so sorry for all of you (humans and hounds) having to deal with the heavy blizzard and aftermath. Particularly scary in medical situations. Many of us along the West Coast are still being pounded with heavy rains (snow in the mountains), but your story makes us appreciate that most of us can still see the ground!

It may pay to tether Suds: put him on a leash and keep the leash attached to you. (Actually, I'm never sure who's "tethered"--the dog or the human.) He wouldn't be able to get out of your sight and start licking the wound or damaging your bandages. You also could keep him from racing around and getting into more trouble. And, worst case, if he opens up the wound again, having him on leash means you could minimize the blood trail.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)