Switching Zero To Blue Brand Food

Hi All,

First and foremost, Zero is doing grreeat. Had our pic taken with Santa last weekend, I will post when I get it. The photo came out greyt.

I've had Zero on Purina Pro Plan (Sensative Skin & Stomach) kibble since I adopted him two years ago. My how time flys. I was talking to a Blue rep at the store and she recomended Blue Basics Salmon & Potato recipe. It says it's for dogs that show signs of being sensitive to some of the ingredients used in traditional pet foods. It says that Blue Basics is a healthy, holistic, limited-ingredient diet formulated to minimize food sensitivities while maximizing the nutritional value that your dog will receive.

I just want to make sure Zero get's a good healthy food and I'm not sure if Purina is the best quality.

Some questions:

Should I switch him over?

Will his mood change if I switch him over to Blue?

I know to do the switchover VERY slowly. Suggestions on how to switch him over?

Thanks all.

Sincerely,

Tony

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

Just depends on if you want to drink the high dollar kool-aid.

When I was a Blue rep we were required to spit out the "no wheat, no corn, no soy, only human grade ingredients" speil. Now evidently it is the "healthy, holistic limited ingedient" speil. Look up holistic in the dictionary and ask yourself how that applies to dog food. No wheat no corn no soy is just so passe as a marketing tool....

What sensitvities to food has Zero been showing?

I don't think I've ever had a dogs mood change over a switch in kibble. :dunno

Blue is a stand up company with a very good product. It is heavy on marketing hype (which my boss readily admitted).

The biggest problem I had with it was it was just plain too rich for my guys. No matter how long I tried to transition once we neared 100% Blue we had pudding poo -- from more than my sensitive stomach dog (who did better on the Purina One salmon but even better on dreaded "grocery store food"). I had coupons for free product that I never used.

Believe me, I spent a long frustrating time trying to keep up with the Jones and in retrospect I was not doing my dogs a favor. Purina One is a good food -- it's not 'Ol Roy by any means. I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but know the feeling of wanting to get a "better" food. Blue might work great for him...who knows?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Well in my book, and it's just me, why try and fix what's not broken. :lol If he's doing well on what he's had for two years, he's healthy and happy, I'd leave him on what he's on.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee