Purina One

Guest elisemg

I got a sample in the mail from Purina. Smart Blend Lamb and Rice. Has anyone tried it?

I haven't tried the lamb and rice blend but am feeding Sheba the chicken and rice blend and she loves it. That being said, our local rescue group stopped feeding Purina One Smart Blend because of the formula change--they said their rescues weren't gaining the needed pounds. Sheba does well on it, though, and her weight is just fine, no weight loss.

my hounds get Purina One Chicken and Rice and all is well in their world. I ran the gamut of feeding the high dollar foods and supplements and finally figured out that it's not that big of a deal what I feed them as long as they do well on it.

I am a reformed 'food snob'. I have a friend that has fed her Dobie 'Ol Roy for 10 yrs and that dog is still the healthiest and happiest dog ever, even if she does feed 8 cups a day and gets lbs of poop in return.

I tried the Purina Smart Blend Lamb & Rice. I wish it would have worked for us. After a very slow transition, they still had very loose poop. So I went back to the Diamond Naturals Beef & Rice, and that has been working well. Shebasmom mentioned dogs not putting on needed pounds with the Purina - I notice my dogs seemed to have lost a little bit of weight when eating the Purina too. That said, at lot of our group members have switched to the Purina and don't have any problems with it.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Guest hlpnhounds

I got a sample in the mail from Purina. Smart Blend Lamb and Rice. Has anyone tried it?

We're feeding Purina One Smart Blend Lamb and Rice. All 4 dogs doing well on it.

If you have a Sam's Club near you, you can get it for a bit cheaper too !

Guest NahlaGreys2

I've been feeding Purina One Lamb & Rice to both my girls from the get go (8+ years). Tried some higher end/pricier kibble but they gave Kota the runs so back to PO/L&R we went.

Edited by NahlaGreys2

I feed the Purina Sensitive Systems - Salmon formula. I has way more calories than the previous sensitive system formula I was feeding before, 1/2 the price, and I love their coats on it.

Guest jessie1234

It could be a different ingredient here in Australia but my girls will ONLY eat Purina Supercoat Chicken. Not the Beef, must be the chicken! :rolleyes: A kind person donated a big bag of it to our rescue and since then the dogs wont eat any other brand!