Can You Help With A "cough" Issue?

Guest sfalexi

Guest sfalexi

Hey guys. I keep on this forum cause it's very active. My wife and I adopted two dogs a few months ago and the puppy has grown from 8 pounds to 55! in the 5 months we had him! Still no idea what he is, but we're thinking pit/shephard.

But our big lab mix (90 lbs so far at about 1.5 years) seems to have a cough. He coughs for about 15 minutes, with intermittent yakking sounds, like he needs to throw up and almost a dry heaving sound.

Here's a youtube video of him and the sound. He starts coughing around 15 seconds. Hopefully it'll help. Thanks guys!!!

Alexi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrEM08oEwc

PS - I don't think the audio is synced well with the video, but you can hear the sound and frequency of it.

Edited by sfalexi

Guest sfalexi

Thanks very much. Looked up kennel cough and it sounds exactly like what's going on (and they WERE in a kennel for a few days before it started) thanks much!!

Alexi

Most kennels will not board animals that have not been vaccinated against kennel cough. Did the kennel as you about that? IMHO you need to take the dog to the vet. If it is kennel cough, it's easily treated (or will go away eventually on it's own, but it's highly contagious).

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck