Playing W/ One...two Squirrels...

Guest Mollysmom10

Guest Mollysmom10

Today was a pretty hectic morning and I did not have a chance to walk Fort. I let him out in the back and he wouldn't come in. I could tell he wanted to play, so I went out for a bit and played with him. Apparently that was not enough, he wouldn't come in with me. I looked out the window a few minutes later and he's throwing something up in the air and having the best time. First, I thought it was someone's shoe, one of the kid's toys...but it looked fluffy. Went out, and it was actually a squirrel. Then, I noticed another one lying on the ground a few feet away. Fort was very excited, these squirrels have been taunting him all fall.

They were not bloody, but seemed a little stunned. Okay, very stunned. I got a shovel and carefully moved them into the alley -- one of them un-stunned, which was a little freaky, but it helped in his excape.

Anyway, I don't think he really bit them, he was just playing, but should I be worried about anything here? Diseases? I have no idea how he got both of them.

Guest greybookends

I wouldn't be worried about anything except maybe him being overly excited about maybe getting another tomorrow! :lol I can only imagine the stunned look on their little furry faces after being tossed around like just another stuffy. The look on his face must have been priceless as well! :lol The squirrels have no idea just how lucky they were that he just wanted to toss them around! :lol

He might not have "gotten" them himself. Around here, the less careful squirrels wll actually fall out of the trees if they jump from tree to tree and don't make it, or are playing/fighting and fall. It can kill them or just stun them. That migt have been why he wouldn't come in the first time - he knew they were there.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

not quite the same thing but once while walking my totally no prey drive hound we came across a baby squirrel that didn't have the sense to run away and it actually came up to my dog to sniff noses. At one point the squirrel flicked it's tail and my dog grabbed it (by the tail) out of instinct. Then he just stood there looking puzzled with his eyebrows going up and down as if to say, 'UM....OK, now what?' I told him to drop it and he did and just stood there watching it scamper off.