Sand Has No Use Of Back Legs

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Guest LindsaySF

I was also going to suggest getting his pheno and KBr levels checked. Even if he's been on the same dosage for a long time, he could be metabolizing it differently or there was a diet change, so it's affecting him more strongly.

I'm glad you've seen improvement. Good luck at acupuncture. :)

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Up date on Sand:

We went an had a accpuncture treatment done today. She feels his problem is coming frome the top part of the back. The ortho doctor feels its the bottom of the back.

If this helps he goes for another treatment next week. Some one on here said they used this and herbs. What were the herbs?

He can walk if i put a towl under him and help stable him. He can not stand up alones at all.

What would be the best for him to help get him up? Should we use a harness?

Guest loticiadelicia

Sand is 10 1/2 . He has no use of his back legs. We have been to the vet and did a week of preds. The vet feels with his age they are not going to come back.

We had x-rays done nothing. His one back leg was swollen but it is now down.

Sand is our seizure boy . Has low thyroid. He has been on meds 9 yrs. He take phen,potassion bromide and soloxine.

He is tryingto get up. 2 weeks ago he could not stand at all. Now if i stand him up he can stand for about 2 min. Can not walk.

Is there anything else we can try? this boy is so alive .Still talking to us being his self except for his legs.

The thought of letting him go rips my heart out.