Aol Users Blocked Or Can't Sign In

Jeff

At least one AOL Proxy is being blocked by our spam filter because it is listed in a blacklist database for misuse. That happens pretty often with AOL proxies.

If you are seeing a page that says service temporarily unavailable, a 403, or 503 error, then you are being blocked by the spam filter. Most likely you tried to login or post while AOL switched you to a banned proxy. The AOL proxy changes every so often, so this will be an intermittent problem for you.

Your only choice is to stop using the AOL proxy, not AOL completely, just their proxy servers. The easiest way around that is to download Firefox or Opera and use either one of those browsers. You will notice a significant speed boost in your browsing to boot. While I normally recommend Google's Chrome browser, I don't see an easy way to use 'No Proxy' with it, so it will use the proxy AOL configures on your system. With Firefox and Opera you can easily tell then to not use the proxy.

In Firefox: Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings > NO PROXY > OK

In Opera: Menu > Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Proxy Servers > {Uncheck all boxes} > OK

This I can't be sure of, but you may be able to change your system settings, you can try this first instead of a new/better browser, it may/may not help.

From AOL Help

1. Launch Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

3. Click the Connections tab.

4. Click LAN settings.

5. On the Local Area network (LAN) Settings window, under Proxy Server, clear the check box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections), and then click OK.

6. Click OK to close the Internet Options window.

This is all for broadband users, I'm not sure if it will work with dial-up users or not.

large.greyhound_signature.gif