Introducing Sassy

Guest dozersassy

Guest dozersassy

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site and wanted to introduce Sassy. We adopted her in February 2005 when she was 2 1/2 years old. We'd been looking for another dog for awhile at the shelters. We already had(have) Dozer, a big lab/Great Pyrenees Mix and had never even thought of a greyhound.

We went into the Humane Society one day and saw Sassy. She had just been retired from the track in Connecticut and went right to to Humane Society. When we got to her cage she didn't move or do anything - it was like she was catatonic, laying in the corner and VERY stressed. We went into meet her and really there was no reaction at all EXCEPT that we knew she was one. They said she's not ready yet so we had to wait about one week to pick her up.

She was of course a wreck when we got her. Yeast infections in her ears, worms and awful teeth. She remained very cautious for quite awhile and it was obvious that she is a sensitive soul and was pretty traumtized.

Dozer really helped to show her the ropes of living in a home and then she took over :)

Fast forward 5+ years and she is amazing. Loves rides, hiking, wading in water and especially CHEESE! She's been from MA, camping all over New England and now to Florida.

So, now you've met Sassy - how do I post a picture?

Guest greymama002

:wave:welcome2 Sassy is a gorgeous girl! Looking forward to hearing more about her. We have a sassy girl too, Tina- the white & black one.

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of Dozer too!

Guest dozersassy

I got to thinking and felt bad that I slighted poor Dozer. So here is the duo on vacation in Maine. They are quite the pair and we get comments everywhere we go B)

Sep08066.jpg

Greetings from Gainesville! :welcome2 to GT!

Sassy and Dozer are a beautiful pair!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France