Anubis Has An Osteosarcoma

Guest carolxi

Guest carolxi

I Sorry, Im at work and so this may come out sounding disjointed: I just found out Monday night. It is the proximal end of his left tibia. Currently the vet thinks it is in the early stage and he could have six months with medication. My questions are:

How will I know when he is in bad pain? Im giving him tramadol 2 x day, but you know greys they scream blue murder if they step on a pebble, but will limp home with a broken leg. He does hold his left leg up from the floor.

I work and Im worried that something might happen when Im not home.

What does the bad stage look like? How will I know the right time to put him to sleep, how do they act when it gets bad, so I will know?

I know I sound pretty crazy just now and I am, please forgive me for this.

He just turned seven on May 1st and I noticed him favoring the right leg around the middle of May. I have decided to just treat for pain management - no amps or radiation treatment.

Edited by carolxi

I'm so sorry for you.....Thoughts are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest ChasesMum

You will know. You are his mommy and you will know.

With George we knew it was the day when he was up at 3am whining and unable to get comfortable. He seemed distraught. He wanted his bed right by my side of the bed and me touching him (unusual, that's Chase's area). he wouldnt eat. He only nibbled on occasion if we could tempt him with something yummy. his legs were swollen, and painful. we just knew that this was his last day so we called my in laws and parents and told everyone that it was the last chance to say goodbye.

You'll know. *hugs*

Guest carolxi

I hope he doesn’t go through that when I’m at work. My plan is to get him stoned out of his mind on tramadol and then have the vet come over. That way he will be at home and hopefully sleeping when the time comes.

Get him stoned on valium, less side effects and very sedating. Then the vet will sedate too. hugs to you. At best, it sux.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest carolxi
<br />Get him stoned on valium, less side effects and very sedating. Then the vet will sedate too. hugs to you. At best, it sux.<br />[Do you have any idea of the strength for the valium? – He weighs about 85 pounds/quote]<br /><br /><br />