Update On Skinny Old Man James

Guest deanna

Guest deanna

We've introduced more carbs into his diet, rice, pasta, etc. And he's putting weight back on. :yay

Looks like he just has more of an old man system than we realized. When we got him in December, we moved him from kibble to a raw diet and he put on about 7 pounds. He was pretty thin when we got him. And he's been doing really well on that diet, until the last week or 2. So now, we've added a pretty significant amount of pasta and rice to his diet, and are feeding 3.5 pounds a day instead of 2 or 2.5 pounds a day.

He loves it, and seems a little more energetic now that his weight is up.

:yay

:heart

Guest PhillyPups

That's great News. Keep it up James ( don't like Old Guy ) :yay:yay:yay

:yay Greyt news - keep it up James!! I don't like "old guy" either - Golden Greys rock!!

Wonderful news! :yay I like "old guy" just fine. :lol I call my male my ol' man Tipper all the time (like Ol' Man River). :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest deanna

Wonderful news! :yay I like "old guy" just fine. :lol I call my male my ol' man Tipper all the time (like Ol' Man River). :)

I like "old guy" too. I've never known him as anything but an old guy as he was almost 12 when we got him. Plus, he milks his 'old man-ness' all he can. :wub:

I like "old guy" too. I've never known him as anything but an old guy as he was almost 12 when we got him. Plus, he milks his 'old man-ness' all he can. :wub:

I'm glad he seems to be doing better.

I have always called Sutra "old man" but endearingly. If any of you ever watched Star Trek Deep Space 9 (yes, I'm a nerd). The captain always called one of the women "Old Man" because she was a host for a symbiant, and the symbiant's previous host was a man who was the captain's friend. Yeah. TMI, right :lol I just think it's cute :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--