Remy Has A New Home!

Guest rmaccara

Guest rmaccara

We adopted Remy (AP's Come Along)this past Saturday and couldn't be happier. We lost our 16 year old Golden Retriever last September, and figured the time was right for a new furry family member.

We'd talked about rescue Greyhounds a few times in the past, but a couple weeks ago started looking into them more seriously. We talked to the two largest adoption groups in our area and ended up with Remy. She has a wonderful temperament and has settled in beautifully. Remy had her first vet checkup today and passed with flying colours.

I hope to visit here often!

Rob

Edited by rmaccara

Hi Rob, and welcome to GT! :welcome2

Congratulations on your Remy!!! :confetti Greyhounds are awesome, and addictive, too!

So glad that she's settled in so nicely. :)

I see on greyhound-data.com that your Remy raced at Jefferson County Kennel Club...that's where my Robin came from as well.

We'd love to see pictures of Remy! If you put the photos in photobucket it's super easy to post them on greytalk. Just let us know if you need help.

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest arlosmom

Hello and Welcome!!!!!!!!! :wave:wave Congrats on your new addition to the family. Arlo, Kingfish and Janus say hello and we hope to see you here often. :welcome2

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi Rob and Remy, a big welcome to GT from Philly.

Remy raced at Jeffercon County Kennel Club - also called JCKC - so when you see it called JCKC, you will know what it is. :P

A warning ~ greyhounds are addictive - betcha you have a hard tiime having just one - I know, I tried. :lol

Welcome to the magical mystical world of greyounds - it is like no other.

Again, welcome and we look forward to R&R (Rob & Remy) adventures. :)

:confetti WELCOME HOME REMY :confetti

We're glad to have you & look forward to seeing pictures of Remy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest rmaccara

We're doing well so far. Trying to get her comfy in her new digs and used to us. She went from the kennel to the 2nd Chance prison program and then to us.

We knew that they were fairly laid back as a breed, but had no idea they liked to nap so much!

I'll get some pictures soon and post them.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

R&R

Oh she's lovely! Welcome home Remy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown