Gracie's Muzzle Is Swollen?

Guest GoodnightGracie

Guest GoodnightGracie

Gracie’s muzzle has swelled up on one side. She has no sign of a bite or injury of any kind. It is not tender to the touch, she lets you poke at it. Do you have any idea what it might be? Should I be worried? If it doesn’t go down soon I am going to take her to the vet.

Her muzzle looks like it bends to one side and would be amusing if I wasn’t concerned.

Guest Energy11

Yep, like KennelMom said, it could be either a tooth or a bite. With bites, sometimes you cannot see them. You could give 50 mg of Benedryl, and see if that helps. If it does, it was most likely a bite, and you can repeat this every four to six hours.

Good Luck, and I hope your Gracie feels better soon!

That happenned to Cash and it appeared to be getting larger. I took her to evet right away (I make no apologies for being an over protective mother hen). Turns out it was a rxn to a wasp or bee bite according to vet who gave her an injection or two and sent her home with directions to give her benedryl later. It went away without incident then.