Anyone Ever Hear Of This?

Someone on the IBD board gave me this. She lives in New Zealand and said it really helped her arthritic dog.

http://www.arthritis.au.com/htm/vet_mast.htm

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Someone on the IBD board gave me this. She lives in New Zealand and said it really helped her arthritic dog.

http://www.arthritis.au.com/htm/vet_mast.htm

I've never heard of it, but just read the technical brochure and it certainly looks interesting. I'll be interested to see if anyone here has had any experience with it.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

well....I've never heard of it so I looked up its generic to see if there's a human equivalent brand name I can read about. And there is. it's called Elmiron. and it's a blood thinner (very mild) and actually used not for blood thinning but for bladder spasms. I have no professional experience with it, I'd never heard of it before. but that's what I found in the medical gobbildy-gook I just read :)

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest Swifthounds

Pentosan polysulfate is used in the U.S for treatment of cystitis. A friend of mine had a prescription for it and it helped the cycstitis symptoms, though it was a bit tummy irritating (not a concern with an injectable). It has apparently been used in an injectable for in Australia for many years, which is probably where the NZ person is getting it. It's interesting that it hasn't been marketed here in the U.S.

Very interesting. Elmiron is the brand name in human medicine. The drug is primarily used to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. I've actually been on it for about 5 years.

News to me about it being a DMOAD. Guess I should read the literature more often.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg