Information Regarding Flea Prevention

Guest greytsox

Guest Energy11

Hartz, Sergents, and Bio Spot, are CRAP and dangerous!

Products like Frontline, Frontline Plus and Advantage are safe, with few to no reactions. **You can get through your vet or online.

Personally, I use only Adams Flea and Tick Mist, which is made from the oil of the chrysanthemum flower. I have great luck with this, but for some, it just doesn't cut it. When I lived in Florida, I used Frontline Plus and Sentinel Heartworm preventative, which has a product in it, that makes the fleas in your area, sterile.

Basic rule of thumb, no store-bought products (spot ons) and other sprays, with the exception of Adams.

You are exactly right. As a chemist it is shocking to me what people and vets put on and into the dogs sometimes-heck same goes for Drs and people too. Chemicals are often not as innocent and safe as what folks think-especially when used in combination with other "chemicals". Even the natural stuff has to be used judiciously. The body's finely tuned chemistry is easily put askew when foreign chemicals of any kind are added to it. Like the old saying goes, its not nice to mess with Mother Nature ha!

Products like Frontline, Frontline Plus and Advantage are safe, with few to no reactions. **You can get through your vet or online.

Personally, I use only Adams Flea and Tick Mist, which is made from the oil of the chrysanthemum flower. I have great luck with this, but for some, it just doesn't cut it. When I lived in Florida, I used Frontline Plus and Sentinel Heartworm preventative, which has a product in it, that makes the fleas in your area, sterile.

Basic rule of thumb, no store-bought products (spot ons) and other sprays, with the exception of Adams.

Same here. I like Adams too. It has worked great for me for years-safely.

Guest Energy11

You are exactly right. As a chemist it is shocking to me what people and vets put on and into the dogs sometimes-heck same goes for Drs and people too. Chemicals are often not as innocent and safe as what folks think-especially when used in combination with other "chemicals". Even the natural stuff has to be used judiciously. The body's finely tuned chemistry is easily put askew when foreign chemicals of any kind are added to it. Like the old saying goes, its not nice to mess with Mother Nature ha!

Same here. I like Adams too. It has worked great for me for years-safely.

THAT makes me feel even more confident about this product, coming from a chemist! colgate.gif