Advice Needed...buddy & Eve Not Eating Well

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Guest DundeeToddsMom

It feels like I'm running a hospital here..all 4 dogs have something going on right now.

Eve -

She broke her toe 2 1/2 weeks ago. Has a splint on and had to have it changed the last two weeks. Last Friday when they took it off, now she has an open sore between her toes. Vet said it's from rubbing. They re-bandaged her, and gave me a round on antibiotics and told me to give her benedryl to keep her quiet.

Buddy -

Found a mass on the roof of his mouth when he was in Mon for heartworm test because I mentioned he wasn't eating well. They got us in last Friday to have it removed and pulled three teeth and no stitches. It's been five days and he is still finicky.

Both had complete senior blood profiles when in for heartworm and were perfect.

I tried switching them from Eagle to Nutro - still no difference. Eve seems to like to be hand fed.

Any advice what to do?? I already boil chicken breasts and cook rice for them.

Please help! I'm worrying myself crazy!!

Guest mcsheltie

They both have valid reasons not to want to eat. Nothing sinster going on.

Pepcid for Eve, 1/2 hour before you offer any food. If Buddy is on AB give him some too. Time will solve this. Chant to yourself... this too shall pass...

Offer some ground beef. Try both cooked & raw.

Guest Energy11

I know the feeling ... I HATE "runing a hospital" with mine! I HATE all hospitals, ... long story/old paramedic experiences.

Anyway, I'd probably get them so nice soft food (canned) and try that for a few days. There are some good quality foods at the local PetSmarts or PetSupermarkets, and even Wal-mart has Purina One Canned, which our Cari really likes!

Might want to try that, and go from there.

Good Luck, and I feel you pain!

There's a refridgerated food called Fresh Pet Select. It comes in rolls. I dice it and use as an add-in. Even when one has an off-appetite day they'll eat this stuff.

Maybe the antibiotics are affecting their appetite?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png