Dap Collars

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

We had very good luck with the DAP collar, both with SA and with thunderstorms. When the vet put it on (to the tune of $35!) she gave us the extra piece that she cut off. Today, I got a new collar for him (from Amazon $19) and I cut off the extra, put it back in the bag and cut the clip off the old one. I discovered that the two pieces, together, attached with the old clips, will make a whole hew, albeit ghetto, DAP collar. These things are expensive enough that I am excited about getting three out of two. Am I the only one? Please tell me others have done this! Does it work as well as the whole collar?

Guest Sunset123

I bought the puppy size, so I didn't have that much excess. I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well.

Edited by Sunset123

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lgyure85

I am totally going to try that!!! We just got our girl one a few weeks ago, and it's working great, but the 35$/month is going to kill me! Thanks for the idea!

Those of you who are spending $35, order the small. It's plenty large enough for my 75 lb male. They're $19 from Entirely Pets and I usually have a discount coupon of some sort from an email (or you can find them on retailmenot) to defray the cost of shipping. I tend to order 3 at a time, but don't order the 3-pack as per collar the price is actually higher. :blink:

My concern with using the clippings is that they will be exposed to air until you need them, which is what ultimately causes them to only last a certain amt of time. That's 2 months for the first piece so I would be skeptical, but of course you shoudl be able to tell. If ti works for your pups like it does for Zuri, you'll know whether it's working or not. I have to change Zuri's every month almost on teh dot and if I forget, I assure you, he lets me know (by peeing in his crate).

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."