Please Help

Guest Dragonmom

Guest Dragonmom

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire OMG i'm losing it with tucker. Last night i put Tucker in Bella's crate as it was midnight and he was running around barking and what not. I put his muzzle on and left him be. With me watching and with out notice his pissed on his bed. Then in the middle of the night after crying and barking all night i find that he has destroyed :eek his muzzle, pissed and crapped in the crate and kept be awake all night.....6:30 am here and i'm still awake. Is it fair to say i hate puppies right now. i have to pack and move all by myself in 4 days and i'm at my wits end with him. I can't having him doing this as im moving from a house into an apartment, hence the crating. The barking and whining are going to get me kicked out before i even get settled. I'm on the verge of tears right now not knowing how much more i can deal with. PUPPIES ARE EVIL.

please humor me when i say can i use just a little bit of duct tape at night????

Edited by Dragonmom

Guest IrskasMom

Do you think , maybe the Moving and Uproar in your Household has something to do with his Behavior?? Animals know , when there is something going on. Maybe you could give the Dogs for this Time of your Move to a good Friend/Parents to watch so you could get your Move/Life under Control?? :blink:

How old is he? Puppies and small dogs have to go out a LOT.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest gecko_foot

I'm just curious, what breed of dog is Tucker? When you say you put his muzzle on, what kind of muzzle is it?

I agree with what's been said above. Dogs know when you're upset and will react to it. Hang in there, and it will pass. :grouphug

Guest Energy11

I must confess, I COULD NOT deal with a puppy!mad.gif Good Luck ... sorry this is happening, especially with the move and all.

Guest Dragonmom

he is 7 -8 months old now, i understand the going out a lot part, the peeves me off is the just hosing everything down with out notice. I've tried tying him to me ive tried tying him to the couch in reach of pee pads. I can take all 3 dogs for a walk and be out for 30 minutes or more at a time and he wont pee. He NEVER poops out side, he always waits till we get back in side no matter how long we are out.

I'm just curious, what breed of dog is Tucker? When you say you put his muzzle on, what kind of muzzle is it?I agree with what's been said above. Dogs know when you're upset and will react to it. Hang in there, and it will pass. :grouphug

He is a min pin chi mix. His muzzle was just a soft kind, with nylon webbing. I'm getting tired of him destroying things. Right now im on such a tight budget that if it isnt vital to live ever ever day i'm getting rid of it. I can't afford to go out and buy a new muzzle for him now. That means i can't take him for walks because of way he acts when he sees other dogs. More than once now we have run into other dogs and if he had have been the size of a grey i would have had a serious dog fight on my hands.

Guest Audeamus

First of all: just take a break.

I know with moving and packing that things are stressful, little mundane things suddenly become apocalyptic end of the world type events. Take five. Go for a walk alone. You'll be able to pack and deal with Tucker better after a few moments alone.

The other thing that has helped Gir and I when we're about to move is that for every hour of packing/stressing/apocalyptic event means ten minutes of playtime. Or a quickie walk. It helps to settle me, it helps work off some of Gir's energy and it helps take the edge off the move.

For his barking, I feel your pain. Whenever we move somewhere new, the first day I leave Gir alone he cries/howls/whines for awhile. Luckily or pre empetively I meet my new neighbours and explain tha while Gir is normally quiet, he might be loud on "x" day because he's alone in a scary new place. I also offer them baked goods of some kind as a act of "good faith". ;)

Normally people are pretty good about it when they have some explantion of why he's making noise instead of just getting angry about it or being like you're dog is crazy/insane/pyscho and I'm calling AC.

Kongs, toys and comfy places to hang out in the "scary new place" are all good (in my own personal experience) things to have on hand too.

Good luck, everything will be fine. :)

et for spelling.

Edited by Audeamus

Guest Dragonmom

some good news ......Tucker got a bath and then back in the crate to dry off. We then went for a 15 minute walk/pull/bark/walk and..............HE POOPED OUTSIDE!!!!!! SO he got lots of petting and off we went home. Now he is back in the crate and is eating. After survivor is over we are going to head out for another walk(?) I feel horrid crating him all the time when in the house but i guess until he learns not to potty in the house its the less stressful for both of us.

Guest kydie

I LOVE puppies, someone else's :lol Puppies are tough, expecially after adopting an adult grey, and yes "living with Marley" is on the agenda for awhile, you will do just fine,

deep breath, and find your puppie mode, I love all dogs, but I must admit, I have always had Big dogs, little ones always made me

so nervous :blink: