Loves Being Outdoors

Guest saltwaterron

Guest saltwaterron

just wondering if anyone else has a dog who loves the outdoors. the routine around here is letting her out in the morning for potty time and breakfast. she then sleeps for 3 hours or so. i generally let her out about 10:30-11 and she has no interest in coming inside. she will lie in the sun for awhile and then head to a shady area to sleep most of the day. she would stay outside til bedtime if i let her. when she wants to come in she will show up at the backdoor but other than that she prefers the outdoors. is this normal?

Guest Shermanator

just wondering if anyone else has a dog who loves the outdoors. the routine around here is letting her out in the morning for potty time and breakfast. she then sleeps for 3 hours or so. i generally let her out about 10:30-11 and she has no interest in coming inside. she will lie in the sun for awhile and then head to a shady area to sleep most of the day. she would stay outside til bedtime if i let her. when she wants to come in she will show up at the backdoor but other than that she prefers the outdoors. is this normal?

Both my greys looooooove to be outside. We have a dog door, so they come and go as they please. Sherman loves to sleep outside. Now that it is @ 70 in the evening, he'll sleep outside all night long. Since we barely get rain, they have 2 old beds outside to curl up in. As soon as the sun hits their beds in the morning, they're out there as long as they can handle it. For example, a month ago, they'd be out all day long. Now, as it gets hotter in AZ, they'll go in and out all day long- sun for a little, come inside to the AC, repeat. When it hits the 110's they still want to be outside. They sun for about 5 minutes, come in for 15-20 mins, tank up on water, and repeat all day long. :blink: They've done this for years, and they are able to self-regulate their outside time. :) I think as they get older, it feels good on their bones. :)

Guest Energy11

Ours want to be out ALL THE TIME! It was almost 90 here yesterday ... UGH! ... and they STILL wanted to be out. I made them come in, because it was just TOO HOTT!

They love it outside. I have to be out with them, though, because we have huge hornets around, and yesterday, our first snake discovery. It was a non-poisonous one, so it got "relocated" about a 1/4 mile down in the woods. Even if they are non-poisonous, their bites can be NASTY, and some varieties have an anticoagulant in their saliva. Yikes!

Yep, I think they'd literally live outdoors if we let them.

Guest MyBoys

My Murphy LOVES laying in the grass, when the others come in Murph is still outside sound asleep.I have a huge picture window in my kitchen that overlooks my yard so I can always keep an eye on him.

is this normal?
Maybe kind of unusual, for a greyhound. :rolleyes: Are you sure she doesn't have a comfy chaise lounge hidden away out there? Does she stay out even during your hot summers? Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest saltwaterron
is this normal?
Maybe kind of unusual, for a greyhound. :rolleyes: Are you sure she doesn't have a comfy chaise lounge hidden away out there? Does she stay out even during your hot summers?

maybe i should check my hammock. it's in the 90's today and she has been out. she does have a sandbox and she will dig a little to get to the cool stuff.

Guest BlackandBrindle

My guys spend a good portion of their morning outside. Sadie loves being outside but it gets too hot for a black doggie in the Arizona heat so she comes in when it warms up.

I'd just make sure your pup has access to water when she's outside. My guys have a dog door so they come and go as they please.

Foster daughter Trolley comes to visit from time to time and that girl would live outside if I let her. :rolleyes::lol

Guest Energy11
is this normal?
Maybe kind of unusual, for a greyhound. rolleyes.gif Are you sure she doesn't have a comfy chaise lounge hidden away out there? Does she stay out even during your hot summers?

Now don't give them any ideas!!! They'll be ordering lawn furniture behind our backs!!! lol.giflol.gif

Guest kydie

Yes, I think so, I stand by the sliding glass door , and beg him, "Please come in, now, it is raining" :lol and the old girl non-grey, loves to lie in the snow. "Please come in it's snowing" :lol

Edited by kydie

Guest gecko_foot

Tumnus loves to be outside...unless it's raining. :lol As soon as I pick up the leash, I have a 75 lb greyhound trying to stick his muzzle into it. He always looks bummed when we have to come back in.