Pacing/panting

Guest greyhoundmom

Guest greyhoundmom

Our 9y.o male greyhound has begun to pace and pant to the point where he won't lay down unless one of lays with him! He has always been very sensitive to thunder fireworks etc, and is quite a baby with anything that causes him concern. This started last night. He began panting and pacing like a storm was on the way...no rain calm night, but he didn't stop the pacing/panting. He didn't sleep last night until I made him lay down and sat with him. He wants to lay down, then stops and starts pacing/panting all over. He started again today. No other symptons...he is eating, drinking, walking, tking stairs, chasing our other galgo, pooping normally.

I have never seen him do this behavior this long. Not sure if he is having a hard time laying down and the discomfort is causing him to pace/pant...of is if just can't stop long enough to lay down. Anyone ever had this happen with thier grey? I am looking at a vet visit once the vet open.

Sounds like he could be in pain. Did anything happen that could have hurt him? An injury? Did he eat anything he shouldn't have? The only time any of mine ever did that was when they were in some kind of pain or discomfort. this happened most recently a couple of weeks ago when Treasure ate three pounds of onions. Taking him to the vet seems like a good idea/

keep us posted, ok?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest spider9174

I had a this situation happen just recently with my grey. It turns out he had what the vet feels was a soft tissue injury in has hind leg (after exam and xrays). It is probably painful for him to lay down and/or can't get a comfortable position. He could also be in constant pain.

So sorry that your first post is one because your baby isn't feeling well.

Sounds like he is either in pain or very stressed. I hope it's an easy fix.

Please update when you can.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest tinams8

I hope he is ok. I agree to see the vet. If he is physically ok, then you can play detective and see if he is scared about something. Hopefully it's nothing!