Help - Dried Blood All Over Sam

Guest sheila

I agree that checking the nose is a place to look at. Once upon a time I started coming home to mysterious blood spots on dog beds and furniture. I also checked both dogs over and over and could not find a source. About a month after this started my Natasha suffered a major seizure in the middle of the night. She suffered another one a few hrs later and with both of the seizures she began bleeding through her nose. It wasn't copious amounts, but a steady drip.

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes. I checked everyone out everywhere last night and could not find anything on anyone. Not even little tiny scabs. I swabbed everyone's noses with damp q-tips, then went over their gums - especially around the back teeth - nothing. And I swabbed everyone's muzzle - nothing there either.

I know it wasn't a creature brought in from outside because the blood on Sam was really dry and he can't get out when I'm not home. No baby bunnies here to worry about - for some reason they stay completely away from my turn out area. There was no real splatter - as I cleaned up I found a couple of drops of blood on the kitchen floor but nothing on walls.

So I was still worried and banished DH to another room so Sam could sleep with me. Not a peep out of him all night but when we got up this morning - two small blood stains on my comforter and one on Sam's face. I have looked and looked at his gums and teeth and now think perhaps only two possibilities left - either he has cut his tongues - can't see anything but thinking this is a strong strong possibility. Or for some reason he is throwing up blood.

All clear when I got home tonight from work. Sam acts like nothing ever happened except he is a little PO'ed at me for leaving him separated from the others today. Still going to take him in though and get it checked - make sure it is not some kind of internal bleed that he is coughing up.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Double check his ears: the furry side, the underside of the leather, and even around the edges. Ears often bleed like nobody's business, then seal up, then might bleed a bit more, and it's easy to scratch an ear on bushes during a trip outside. My Sam and Oreo once got into a squabble (over saltine crackers). She bled very little (and I got there right away), but it turned out that Sam had tagged her on that little flap of skin that's on the inside of the ear: no flap on one ear after that.

Glad your Sam is doing well.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)