Lure Coursing

Guest redfeather2006

Thanks everyone! I am planning to post the pics in a new thread when I get them (Heather, when I saw the shots on his camera what I very specifically thought was, "Wow, she looks just like Kennelmom's dogs!" :) ).

I'm happy to report that Beth does not seem tired or sore today -- she actually wanted to walk faster than I did this morning, as I seem rather stiff after spending all yesterday in the cold and wind. Well, it was only one 650-yard run so I guess that really wasn't very strenuous. I did find a little scab on the outside of her front leg this morning that I'm guessing was from hitting the line at some point, but fortunately it was a very small and superficial abrasion.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

That is awesome! I cannot wait to see the pics. I treasure the photos of my guys coursing.

To keep mine fit, I swim them for hours (they love it, it's too hot here to exercise without swimming most of the time) and they run full out in the thick sand at the beach. They are very very fit.

Maybe I'll take her to the beach when I'm on the east coast in July, though I couldn't let her off leash. She always goes almost out-of-control nuts leaping and twirling whenever she gets into sand, it's very funny!

There was a woman heavily involved in ASFA there whom I'd met at a dog show with her Borzois last year, and after our run (for which she operated the lure machine) she was stroking Beth's coat and looking at her and commented unprovoked, "You take really good care of her," which made me very proud.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Slovenian club for sighthounds organizes on the 25th of August 2nd International Coursing with CACIL/ CACL title and today they have training, so I applied my ex-racer for todays training, because he has never ran at any coursing event.

Their answer was that my ex-racer isnt welcomed to a coursing event, because racing greyhounds arent suitable for running on a coursing field.

I was shocked of course and I am very disappointed, so I am waiting for their explanation.

What do you think of that?