Greyhound Grooming Behaviors

Guest paulsmachetti

Guest paulsmachetti

We have a 5 yr old rescue named Leah. She's a great dog but she drives me crazy w/her grooming because it's so noisy .Wondering if anyone else's greyhounds spends a lot of time loudly licking their genitals , and chewing their butts and back legs. Part of it makes me nervous because we had a flea issue last yr and it makes me think she might have fleas again.She's on Comfortis and I groom her and have not found any fleas but all the licking and chewing makes me paranoid.

paul

Guest TeddysMom

None of the greys but 2 others that I had in FL are having allergy issues up here. I bath them in a hydrocortizone shampoo and give them Benadryl twice a day. I may end up having the allergy shots this year because I can't stand to see them suffer all summer.

Guest paulsmachetti

Tessie is a loud, snorty groomer...very un-ladylike!

Kare Bear...I WISH would groom a bit better.

You might want to look into anal glands....maybe they could be a bit bothersome and need expressing.

Really? can you explain. I haven't heard that before.I'll call the vet and ask.

Lots of slobbery noises when Leah licks her genitals too. I have to tell her to knock it off after awhile.