Pain After Corn Removal

Guest dmona

Guest dmona

Kelsey had a corn removed yesterday and the vet said it was very deep, which I can see the hole in her pad. She is limping more than before and even walking on three legs. I'm sure it is sore from his digging. What can I do to help her thru this? Should I give her rimadyl. The vet didn't give me any instrutctions and I just thought she would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Dianne

Guest Energy11

Poor baby! Corns really do HURT!

When I remove Staggerlee's corns, I use Trypzyme-V ointment (neosporin is fine, too) on the "hole." I also cover the feet with toddler socks, and a bootie over them, to help cushion the foot, and keep the ointment on.

Good Luck!

Guest Energy11

Therapaws

I like Therapaws, but Staggerlee won't wear them :-( I have to use The Voyagers Canine Booties on him. To each Grey, it's own, I guess :-)) Whatever works! colgate.gif

Guest dmona

Therapaws

I like Therapaws, but Staggerlee won't wear them :-( I have to use The Voyagers Canine Booties on him. To each Grey, it's own, I guess :-)) Whatever works! colgate.gif

Thanks, racindog and energy 11....the therapaws rub blisters on the side of Kelsey's foot, I have two different sizes...I also have two different kind of neopaws, cushipaws and the Voyager boots.(she has more shoes than I do) The cushipaws work but won't stay on.I really had forgotten about the Voyager boots, thanks for the reminder...will use the neosporin as suggested. Should I give her rimadyl...if so how much and how often?

Thanks again.

Dianne

When Kieran has her corns hulled, her paws are tender for a few days afterward so I fill the holes with bag balm, and put baby socks on under her Therapaws.

Thanks, greylyn...I happen to have some. When I was at the VA hospital with my husband the other day, a lady told me to get bag balm, or Vitamin E or diabetic callus remover. So, I went and bought all of it, only used the callus remover and I think it may have helped bring it to the surface. I need a bigger cabinet for all of their drugs and ointments.

Dianne

Guest Energy11

Therapaws

Thanks, racindog and energy 11....the therapaws rub blisters on the side of Kelsey's foot, I have two different sizes...I also have two different kind of neopaws, cushipaws and the Voyager boots.(she has more shoes than I do) The cushipaws work but won't stay on.I really had forgotten about the Voyager boots, thanks for the reminder...will use the neosporin as suggested. Should I give her rimadyl...if so how much and how often?

Thanks again.

Dianne

You can give her the Rimadyl once a day (*whatever dosage the vet recommeded for her). I find, that meds like Rimadyl and Deramaxx, aren't really necessary, using the ointments, socks and booties. Good Luck!