We Have Really Tried To Get Shadow Off Small Critters................

He has always had a very strong prey drive and that hasn't diminished with age. We are always careful on walks - now- with small dogs ( he considers them a waste of fur ).

Anything in HIS backyard is fair game as far as he is concerned and rightfully so. Well tomorrow is garbage day and the skunks are hungry after a winter sleep. In the summer time we accommodate the local scavengers by making noise prior to letting Shadow out for last call.

Tonight we didn't.

Well I should have!

He is all cleaned up now - used the Skunk remedy found here on GT.

Spring is around the corner - literally. So watch out everyone.

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

Guest LunaTygerCat

That just made me think of the first time my dog Goblin discovered the cow field. He rolled in cow patties until his fur stuck up....I came home from work to find him tied to the porch with my Grams spraying him down with a hose. He also had an affinty for skunks.....

• 5 months later...

Take away their food sources--NEVER feed domestic pets outside; and take away their living quarters--move any piles of wood, junk etc that they can live underneath.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest kydie

De-skunking and removal of porcupine quills is a way of life here,, I think I'm very lucky if I get through a month with out one or the other :lol Ah,,, life with a pack of dogs,,, just think we used to go to the shops to buy nice smelling soap for ourselves,,, now we know every place we can buy de-skunking spray :lol

Guest MyBoys

My Murphy is 10.5 years young, he is fine on walks seeing little critters, but once they enter HIS yard they are all fair game. I have an outside light but the yard is big so I always go out first at night with a flashlight just to check for critters, I feel it is only fair I give the critters a running start :lol: