Genny

Guest TorynUs

Guest TorynUs

I feel I can't let the one year anniversary (June 1) of our beloved schnauzer's passing go by without a little tribute to her.

Genny lived to be almost 14 (2 weeks shy of her bday), and we had gotten her when our youngest son was only 8 weeks old. She was a wonderful pet, companion, friend,---and everything a young family could ever want in a dog. As she aged, (and so did we...) she remained the ever loving, ever loyal sweetheart that she always was. She loved to go camping and take family vacations with us, it didn't matter to her as long as she could be with us. It was extremely difficult for us to say goodbye eventhough we knew it was time (severe congestive heart failure had taken its toll). She had always been there for us and we knew we had to be there for her as she went peacefully "to the bridge." She left our family with wonderful memories of happy times. It was so painful to lose her and I really didn't think we would have another dog. About 2 months afterward we began rethinking that, and ended up getting hooked on the greyhounds and got Tory in late Sept. When I found out Tory's birthday was listed as June 1, I burst into tears! It was as if Genny had sent Tory to us and this was her way of proving it! We like to think it is true, and we have commented several times that Tory is like Genny in a greyhound body. Their personalities and dispositions are so similar. So, as I will be sad and there will be tears shed for Gen on June 1, there is also a birthday to celebrate. Genny will be in our thoughts and hearts. We miss and love you Genny dog, the best little schnauzer doggie in the world. :heart:angelwings:heart

So very sorry. I lost my Arizona on 5/23 last year. I understand your pain. I love that you describe Tory as having been sent by Genny. I often feel that Arizona is still "here" giving Howie (and Raisin) advice and guidance.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Sorry to read about Genny. It's never easy to say goodbye, but it sounds like she had a wonderful life. And your life goes on with Tory and Dobie and all the others pets, and you have a happy occassion to think of today as well. Happy Birthday, Tory! :)

Sending many hugs your way. I know she is looking down upon you today and every day. Maybe our Genny's are running together...our Genny aka (Gingersnap) left us 5 years ago. :(:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a sweet tribute to your girl Genny. And how sweet of her to send you a new girl to make sure you always had the right kind of companion. Hugs to you on a tough but special day.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TorynUs

UPDATE---I had posted this remembrance about Genny on the anniversary of her death, however, this update occurs on June 12th, which would have been her 15 th birthday. Thinking of you, Genny, and missing you always. Thank you for sending us Tory. We are still trying to figure out who sent us Dobie! HAHA.... Love you little girl.....xxxooo